IELTSTutors.org TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last updated: February 10, 2023
Welcome to IELTSTutors.org, an online marketplace for purchasing products and services (“Website”). These terms and conditions (“Terms”) govern your use of the Website and any purchase you make through the Website.
Please read these Terms carefully before using the Website. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not use the Website.
To make a purchase through the Website, you may be required to create an account. You agree to provide accurate and complete information when creating your account, and to update this information as necessary to keep it accurate and complete. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and password, and for all activities that occur under your account.
Orders and Payment
All orders placed through the Website are subject to availability of the products and services. The Website reserves the right to refuse any order.
The Website accepts payment through Stripe and Paypal. The Website may change the accepted payment methods at any time without notice.
The price of the products and services will be as stated on the Website at the time of your purchase. The Website reserves the right to change the prices of its products and services at any time without notice.
Online Course Refunds
We are committed to providing our students with the best possible learning experience. However, we understand that sometimes things don’t go as planned, and you may need to request a refund for your online course.
Eligibility for Refunds
In order to be eligible for a refund, you must request it within 14 days of purchase. Refunds will not be given after 14 days.
Conditions for Refunds
To be eligible for a refund, you must meet the following conditions:
- You have not accessed more than 50% of the course.
- You have submitted a written request for a refund to IELTSTutors.org(at)gmail.com.
Process for Requesting a Refund
To request a refund, please follow these steps:
- Submit a written request for a refund to IELTSTutors.org(at)gmail.com.
- Include your full name and the reason for requesting a refund.
- A representative from IELTSTutors.org will review your request and get back to you within 2 business days.
Once your refund request has been approved, please allow 5 business days for the refund to be processed and credited to your original payment method.
If you have any questions about our refund policy, please don’t hesitate to contact us at IELTSTutors.org(at)gmail.com.
The content on the Website, including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, images, and software, is the property of the Website or its licensors and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. You may not use the content on the Website for commercial purposes without the express written consent of the Website.
Google Analytics Terms
By using the Website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google Analytics in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Website provides the products and services on the Website “as is” without any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
Limitation of Liability
The Website will not be liable for any damages arising from your use of the Website or any products or services purchased through the Website, including but not limited to indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages, or damages for loss of profits, revenue, data, or use, even if the Website has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
The Website reserves the right to change these Terms at any time, effective immediately upon posting on the Website. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes to these Terms constitutes your acceptance of any such updated Terms. You should regularly review these Terms to stay informed of any changes.
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
Any dispute arising from or relating to these Terms or the Website will be resolved through binding arbitration in accordance with the UK Central Arbitration Committee rules.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent possible, and the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
Student Terms for Private Courses (Simplified)
- £25 per lesson. 1 lesson = 1 hour.
- You should never pay the tutors directly.
- Refunds are possible.
- You may change tutor at any time, but there will be no refund for lessons taken with previous tutors, and the first lesson for each tutor will include a needs-analysis and study-plan creation.
- After purchase, we will email you to ask you about your tutor preferences and confirm these terms. You must reply to this email.
- Then, your tutor will contact you to arrange your first lesson.
- During the first lesson, you and the tutor will create a schedule and study plan.
- After the first lesson, your tutor will email the study plan to you – if you do not request changes, then this indicates binding agreement of the study plan between you and the tutor.
- All materials come from your tutor – please follow all instructions and do the required homework if it is set. If you do not, the tutor may request to cancel the study plan with him/her and you will be given a new tutor.
- If a new tutor is required, then a new study plan and schedule will be created in the first lesson, and the new study plan and schedule will consist of the total number lessons purchased minus the number of lessons already conducted by previous tutors, including any lessons which were cancelled due to late communications (within 3 hours of the scheduled lesson start time) from the student.
- Maximum one writing task feedback is allowed per lesson.
- You must provide feedback on their study plan and tutor.
- If you want to cancel or re-schedule a lesson, you must contact your tutor more than 3 hours before the lesson. If you don’t, you might lose that lesson without refund.
- If you cancel more than 3 hours before the lesson and less than 24 hours before the lesson, 3 times in 10 lessons, you might lose the lesson without refund.
- There is no penalty for cancelling or rescheduling more than 24 hours before a lesson.
- If there are any problems, please contact your tutor to negotiate a reasonable solution.
Student Terms for Private Courses (In Full)
The written agreement between the Student and the Tutoring Department of IELTSTutors.org
- £25 per lesson is paid directly to the Tutoring Department of IELTSTutors.org, who then pay the tutors. Students do not pay the tutors directly. 1 lesson = 1 hour of tutoring.
- Refunds may be permitted if the student emails a statement to IELTSTutors.org(at)gmail.com describing the reasons why the refund is being requested.
- After a student purchases lessons, they will be contacted firstly by a member of the Tutoring Department at IELTSTutors.org to confirm contact details, answer questions about the student’s preferences, and confirm agreement with these terms. Failure to respond will result in the delay of your lessons.
- If a student purchases lessons but does not receive an email from IELTSTutors.org(at)gmail.com, then the student should send an email to IELTSTutors.org(at)gmail.com.
- The management team at IELTSTutors.org will try to match the student with a tutor, and the student’s contact details (email/phone) are then given to the tutor to use for contacting the student.
- When the tutor contacts the student, they will arrange a time to meet via video call. This will be the first lesson. During the first lesson, the tutor and student will conduct a needs-analysis, and discuss the study plan and schedule for the remaining lessons paid for by the student. If the student only pays for one lesson, then the tutor will also advise the student on further action, including returning to the IELTSTutors.org website and paying for further lessons.
- Tutors are responsible for putting the study plan into written format, in the form of a schedule, to be shared with the student. The student not requesting any amendments or indicates contractual agreement of the study plan between the student and the tutor.
- Tutors will provide all materials, and students are expected to follow their tutor’s instructions, including doing homework outside of lesson time. Should the student fail to comply, the tutor may request to cancel the study plan, in which case a new tutor will be allocated to the student.
- Students may request writing task feedback at a maximum of one task per lesson. Any more than this will be at the discretion of the tutor.
- Students will be contacted regularly to provide feedback on their experiences with tutors. Failure to respond may result in the student forfeiting the remainder of his/her lessons without refund, and may result in payment delays for tutors.
- Should the student refuse further study sessions with the tutor, or there is a breakdown in relations between the student and the tutor, the student may be allocated a new tutor.
- In the event of a new tutor being allocated to the student, the number of lessons held between the student and any previous tutors will be deducted from the new study plan created with the new tutor, against the total number of lessons purchased. This includes any lessons in which cancellation is not received prior to three hours before a scheduled lesson.
- Should the student fail to give notice of absence or request re-scheduling prior to three hours before a pre-arranged lesson, the tutor may cancel the lesson without refund.
- Should the student or teacher give notice of absence or request re-scheduling prior to three hours before a pre-arranged lesson, the student and the tutor will re-schedule the lesson.
- If a student cancels or requests rescheduling prior to three hours before, and within 24 hours of a pre-arranged lesson, 3 times within a 10 lesson stretch, the tutor may cancel the lesson and it may not be reimbursed.
- Evidence of any breaches in the arrangements of lessons (absences) must be provided (i.e., screenshots of messages or screen-cast videos clearly indicating time and date and visualizing the absence or breach) in order to determine the appropriate outcome.
- Should the lesson be interrupted due to internet connection failure or technical failure, the tutor and student should connect immediately via a different ISP or device to confirm the failure and make a decision to continue the lesson or re-schedule (for the number of minutes lost). If one of the parties does not connect within 10 minutes of the failure, or the reason for the terminated connection is not due to technical issues, then the other party may decide on further action (re-scheduling for the number of minutes lost, or cancellation).
These terms are our guidelines in protecting both the students and the tutors from malicious intentions. However, we trust that our users, both students and tutors, are of a genuine and trustworthy nature and do not have any malicious intentions, and we therefore hope that we can enjoy a productive and positive experience for both. Our goal is to provide a safe and happy learning environment, for both the students and the tutors, so we have faith that any issues arising can be resolved in a peaceful, productive and reasonable manner, between the student and the tutor.
If you have any questions, please contact The Tutoring Department of ieltstutors.org: IELTSTutors.org(at)gmail.com
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and the Website and supersede all prior understandings or agreements, whether written or oral, relating to the use of the Website.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these Terms or the Website, please contact us at ieltstutors.org(at)gmail.com.
By using the Website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Thank you for using IELTSTutors.org.